Designed to be the world’s highest-performing x86 server processors for technical computing
Technical computing workloads like Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Electronic Design Automation (EDA), and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) require intense computing power. Introducing AMD EPYC™ 7003 Series processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology — designed to be the world’s highest-performing x86 server processors for technical computing. These processors are the first to leverage true 3D die stacking, delivering up to 3X the L3 cache, lower latency, and higher bandwidth compared to standard AMD EPYC™7003 Series processors. These innovations enable breakthrough per-core performance to accelerate simulation applications and enhance design fidelity, so products can get to market faster.
Nothing Stacks Up To EPYC™. New AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ are designed to accelerate technical computing13 workloads such as Electronic Design Automation (EDA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) by vertically stacking the L3 cache using ground-breaking AMD 3D Chiplet architecture with 768MBs of L3 cache per socket while providing socket compatibility with existing AMD EPYC™ 7003-based platforms7. The industry-leading 768MB of L3 cache keeps memory intensive compute closer to the core, with an EPYC 7373X powered server able to perform up to 66% more EDA RTL simulation jobs a day than an EPYC 73F3 powered server with the same number of cores.3
Raising the bar for breakthrough performance on targeted workloads like EDA, CFD and FEA software and solutions, EPYC 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-cache are helping optimize simulation performance to accelerate the development of new products and technologies. Socket compatible with existing 3rd Gen AMD EPYC platforms7, these new processors with AMD 3D V-Cache work with your existing software solutions to get up and running quickly, to help drive better business outcomes.
- AMD 3D V-Cache technology: Built on ground-breaking AMD 3D Chiplet architecture and using 7nm process technology, AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology employ the leading-edge logic stacking based on a copper-to-copper hybrid bonding “bumpless” chip-on-wafer process to enable over 200X the interconnect densities of current 2D CPU technologies (and over 15X the interconnect densities of other 3D CPU technologies using solder bumps), helping lower latency, boost bandwidth, and enhance power and thermal efficiencies. 9
- World’s Highest Performance x86 Server Processors for Technical Computing14: AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology triple the amount of available L3 cache to 768MBs per socket versus standard EPYC 7003 series8, helping deliver faster time-to-results on targeted workloads like EDA, CFD, and FEA software and solutions by helping customers complete up to 66% more EDA RTL simulation jobs a day with an EPYC 7373X powered server than an EPYC 73F3 powered server with the same number of cores. while providing socket compatibility with existing AMD EPYC™ 7003 platforms.3,7 AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache utilizes the same shared memory architecture as the rest of the 3rd Generation EPYC™ family to take advantage of the increased L3 cache that is lower latency and closer to the core. That means customers can now take advantage of a full 96MB of L3 cache per CCD without sacrificing performance, even on lower core count and mainstream EPYC 7003 with AMD 3D V-Cache processors.
- Helping Lower TCO while Accelerating Product Development: AMD 3rd Gen EPYC™ Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology help customers optimize core usage, license costs and lower total cost-of-ownership. In fact, AMD EPYC™ 32c 7573X CPU powered servers can deliver up to 51% lower 3-year TCO than Intel Platinum 32c 8362 CPUs, while performing the same number of Ansys® cfx-50 jobs per day with up to 50% fewer servers and 49% less power.12 By reducing the number of servers and core counts, helping drive down license requirements and lower TCO while performing the same amount of work, AMD EPYC™ 7573X CPUs help maximize performance while optimizing costly job or time-based licensing.
- Delivering Breakthrough Performance Per Core: AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology can run on existing AMD EPYC™ 7003 platforms.7 Built to optimize applications like EDA, CFD, and FEA, customers can realize up to 66% more performance on EDA RTL simulations going from an EPYC 73F3 to an EPYC 7373X in their 1P servers without needing to wait for application re-writes, by taking advantage of the additional L3 cache immediately.3 Having access to 768MB of L3 cache helps improve performance and speeds up simulation workloads by continuously feeding the processor with up to 96MB of L3 cache per CCD without having to access main memory outside of the CPU.
- Supporting Sustainability through Exceptional Energy Efficiency: AMD is charting a bold path to advance energy efficiency. AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology powered servers performing the same number of Ansys® cfx-50 jobs per day deliver exceptional performance per server which can lead to up to 49% less power used with 50% fewer total servers than the competition. The power you save, converts to ~448,315kWh of electricity or ~81 acres of US forest annually of equivalent carbon sequestration.12 AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache is a great choice for customers who want to use fewer servers and less power to help lower emissions.
- Providing the Confidence of Modern Security: AMD is serious about security. All AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology come standard with Infinity Guard, a state-of-the-art set of modern security features that help decrease potential attack surfaces as software is booted, executed, and processes your critical data.1